The Apprentice will be working within a quality-controlled calibration and manufacturing environment. They will be required to undertake specific measuring tasks which support production. These tasks will include but not be limited to CMM measurements and all Inspection Measurement and Test Equipment used within Manufacturing areas.
|Qualifications requirement||5 GCSEs (or equivalent): to include English, Maths and Science, grade 4 or above|
Annual wage will increase as you work toward completion of your Apprenticeship. If you demonstrate a pro-active practical aptitude with problem solving skills and are willing to accept responsibility.
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days plus Statutory holidays|
|Working Hours||37 hours per week. Monday to Thursday (7.00 – 15.30), with a 30 minute lunch break – Friday 7.00 – 12.00.|
|Start date||September 2023|
|Interview date||July 2023|
|Closing date for applications||12th June 2023|
|To apply||To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in complete this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.|
|Next Steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your application form to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
Cogent Skills is currently working with Depuy to recruit and apprentice Metrology Technician to work within its quality-controlled Lab.
The Apprenticeship offered by DePuy Synthes blends on the job practical experience and a mixture of block release at college for theoretical learning. The company is committed to developing the talent of new employees.
Typical duties will be to:
- Identify measurement needs and make informed decisions about the measurement process and timescales required, including selection of; tools, equipment, instrumentation and software programme.
- Access and interpret information and documentation to support the measurement process including; data, manuals, specifications, catalogues, calibration certificates and computer-generated information.
- Prepare the work environment and perform tests and checks on measurement tools, equipment, instrumentation and software programs and determine suitability for use.
- Take action when non-conforming tools, equipment, instrumentation, materials and software programs have been identified.
- Plan and perform measurement tasks to ensure verifiable results, using measurement tools, equipment, instrumentation and software programmes, following specified procedures and methodology.
- Retrieve, analyse, interpret, validate and record measurement results and data in line with specification.
- Contribute to the production of records, reports and other measurement documentation.
- Communicate relevant and specific information through various channels to meet customer requirement.
- Comply with statutory regulations, national and international standards, industry and organisational procedures and requirements relating to codes of conduct when carrying out measurement task.
- Comply with relevant Health and Safety legislation, regulation, standards, industry and organisational policies and procedures and requirements relating to safe working practice.
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to the preparation, storage, standards, control and handling of samples, tools, equipment, instrumentation and software programme.
The apprentice will be trained to work with specific machines and how to document the progress of their testing support in a way which is fully compliant with good laboratory practice. The apprentice will be expected to help with general day to day laboratory tasks e.g. laboratory tidiness, compliance documentation, health and safety.
From day one you will be working with qualified technicians helping you to develop your skills within a manufacturing environment. You will work in an energised and supportive workplace with a personal mentor and earn a competitive salary.
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Training Provider: Appris
Apprenticeship Standard: Metrology Technician
Qualification being delivered:
- BTEC Level 2 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence Mechanical)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Manufacturing (Mechanical)
- EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Technical Support Technician)
Delivery Model: Delivered at Appris, Bradford, 1 day per week, in 1st & 3rd years of the apprenticeship. 2nd year 2 days per week, day release at college, term time, with off the job training given to apprentices during holiday time.
ABOUT DEPUY SYNTHES
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Leeds are working to build an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
DePuy Synthes, the Orthopaedic company of Johnson & Johnson is a leading UK manufacturer of world leading orthopaedic implants.
From development and manufacture through to supply, DePuy Synthes possesses all the technical knowledge and support resources to assure the success of the projects we are involved in, on a global scale.
- Communicate effectively using a full range of skills
- Work and interact effectively within a team
- Time management and ability to complete work accurately to schedule
- Work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- Practical aptitude
- Ability to handle change and respond to change management processes
- Analytical thinker with the ability to approach problems in a logical manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and confident individual who has a high level of personal pride in their work
- Positive attitude and results focused
- Willingness to learn
- Aptitude and passion for science and understanding how things work
- Act professionally, ethically and conscientiously.
- Focus on quality and maintain concentration with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
This role is part of our talent planning for the future, and, for the right person, we are looking to continue to develop the Apprentice upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. Subject to satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship, candidates may be considered for any available permanent positions.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
- Working within a heavily regulated environment requires strict adherence to in-house protocol and HSE legislation with a high degree of integrity and attention to details in all aspects of work.
- This is a 36month Apprenticeship with training up to Level 3 and on successful completion you will be able to perform at a high level of accomplishment
- Please ensure you can travel to the company
Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with DePuy Synthes. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity, all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills Apprenticeship portal. Those who have previously expressed an interest in opportunities with DePuy must also apply in this way. Do not contact the employer.