Jazz Pharmaceuticals is looking for a Biostatistics intern who will help support the Data Science department.
|Required Qualifications||Currently enrolled as a student at an accredited college/university pursuing a PhD degree in:
|Salary||£30,720 Pro rata|
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days plus bank holidays|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week
Start Time -8.30am
End Time– 5.30pm
Lunch – 12.30pm – 1.30pm
|Closing date||31st March 2023
Please note, the vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications are received.
|Interview date||April 2023|
|Start date||June 2023|
|To apply||Please click the apply button to submit your CV and cover letter in a Word format, please do not submit pdf’s or other un-editable formats.|
|Next steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your CV and Cover Letter to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
The Data Science Department at Jazz Pharmaceuticals features a summer internship program that provides opportunities for Biostatistics Interns, who are full-time students currently pursuing their PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data science or Mathematics. The internship program, lasting 10 weeks, will focus on understanding the drug development process, learning about statistical applications in various stages of clinical trials, and exploring interests in the pharmaceutical industry for further professional development. The Biostatistics Intern will be mentored by experienced Biostatisticians in the Data Science Department to perform statistical analysis and/or conduct statistical research related to clinical pharmacology, drug development, and real-world evidence generation, etc. The program fosters growth and development of its participants by providing networking opportunities, career development, and involvement in projects that make a significant contribution to the Data Science Department.
- The Biostatistics Intern will be provided a topic that is related to a specific statistical research question where he or she will contribute to statistical methodology development and/or problem solving
- Contribute statistical deliverables to a specific project. Deliverables include statistical/mathematical methodology reports, validated programming code, and other appropriate reports and presentations.
- May participate in assigned department activities and initiatives related to the assigned project (i.e., attend and participate in cross functional meetings, presentations, trainings)
- Work collaboratively as necessary with members of study teams to meet assigned goals
- Final Presentation: Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent statistical research under general supervision
- Proficient programming skills in SAS or R
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems, interact with others and manage a varied workload
- Is self-motivated to achieve high quality results within defined timeframes
- Attention to detail
ABOUT JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. Jazz Pharmaceuticals are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases—often with limited or no therapeutic options. They have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early-to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. They actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries.
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.
Please ensure that you are willing and able to live within commutable distance of the company site before applying. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Cogent Skills Placements Service are managing the recruitment for this placement at our client’s request, therefore we ask that applications are made through our website please.