From a day-to-day perspective: your typical working day will be working with data in excel making analysis and building performance reports, creating a story line and draft the communication in PowerPoint. You will also work a good part of the day with your business unit stakeholders on above mentioned initiatives.
|This position is open to an Undergraduate seeking a placement year, or a Graduate. We are seeking those studying
|£24,000 – £ 27,000 dependant on experience
|Pension – 3% contribution from Cogent & 5% from employee
Discounted gym membership
Free shuttle from Slough train station
Working from home 2 days a week
|Currently Slough, moving to Surrey the first half of 2025
|28 days per annum plus bank holidays
|Hours of Work
|09H00 – 17H30
1 hour lunch break unpaid
|27th February 2024
|Week commencing 15th March
|July or August 2024
|Please click the apply button to submit your CV and cover letter in a Word format, please do not submit un-editable formats.
|Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your CV and Cover Letter to decide who is brought through to interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
As an Analyst, you will be working as dedicated analyst in support of the European Rheumatology Analytics Lead for CIMZIA and EVENITY.
You like to work in a cross-functional environment where you can:
- Develop a deep understanding in Rheumatology, Dermatology and Neurology and develop actionable insights that can be undertaken by the team to improve outcomes and experiences for the specific patient sub-populations that may benefit most from UCB’s solutions.
- Support the development of launch readiness operational plans.
- Work in close collaboration with the central Go-to-Market Insight to Impact teams and its Analytics, Reporting, Sales operations and offshore teams.
You will contribute to the following initiatives:
- Support data strategy and performance management analysis.
- Work in collaboration when needed with offshore teams.
- Participating in the development of analyzing the key drivers of growth for optimal resource allocation.
Support the implementation of selected initiatives related to optimizing Go-to-Market strategies, including targeting, segmentation and field-force optimization.
Hard skills: excel & powerpoint is a must, statistical analysis is a plus
- Can-do attitude
UCB’s UK site is located Slough, Berkshire where it houses the immunology research hub and the head office for the UK commercial organisation. There are three buildings on the Slough site, housing around 600 staff.
- UCB was founded in 1928 and was originally a chemicals manufacturer with a separate pharmaceuticals division.
- In 2004, UCB acquired Celltech, the UK’s leading biotechnology company, which brought expertise in antibody-based drug discovery to the company.
- Schwarz Pharma was acquired in 2007, bringing its own portfolio of neurology and urology products
The research hub in Belgium concentrates on CNS therapies while the UK research focus is on immunology. Here, UCB is researching drugs for conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and osteoporosis. The site is renowned for its capabilities in antibody-based drug discovery and early development
UCB now focuses on severe diseases within immunology and CNS
UCB is active in a number of therapy areas including epilepsy, movement disorders, rheumatoid arthritis and allergy.
UCB is a top five investor in UK pharmaceutical R&D*, investing over £230 million in 2010
Globally UCB invests more than 20% of its sales revenue into R&D
In the UK, UCB’s R&D, Commercial and Corporate functions are located in Slough, Berkshire
UCB employs around 600 staff in the UK, of whom about 400 are engaged in research and development activities
The company supplies over 40 UK-approved medicines.
This role would suit a graduate with an aspiration to familiarise themselves with database and interface building. It could be a good entry point for someone with an interest in developing as a gene therapy scientist.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Please ensure that you are willing and able to live within commutable distance of the company site before applying. This placement is located in Slough Cogent Skills Placements Service are managing the recruitment for this placement at our client’s request, therefore we ask that applications are made through our website please. Please do not contact the Company directly.