This is an exciting opportunity within Pfizer to join the Commercial Portfolio Therapy area. Operating as key contributor to deliver continuous business and operational improvements across excellence in contracting and tendering, commercial execution, distribution, and supply; whilst playing a pivotal role in building our Therapy Area culture within.
|You will be required to have at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or equivalent including Maths and English.
|£16,000 per annum
|25.5 days plus bank holidays
|Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5.25pm with 45 minute lunch break. Fridays, 9am – 4.05pm with 45 minute lunch break
|2nd September 2024
Please note interview dates are fixed as we will be holding assessment centres. Please ensure you are available on the planned interview date prior to applying for the role. If you have any issues, please let us know in advance.
|Closing date for applications
|18th March 2024
|To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in completing this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.
|Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Commercial Portfolio Therapy area, reporting into the Commercial Operations Director. Operating as key contributor to deliver continuous business and operational improvements across excellence in contracting and tendering, commercial execution, distribution, and supply; whilst playing a pivotal role in building our Therapy Area culture within.
You will operate in a team environment, working closely with other colleagues to ensure comprehensive and consistent delivery, the role will provide the opportunity to work with stakeholders from across the organisation.
Given the broad range of work across the team with systems and processes, it is essential the candidate has the ability to communicate effectively, excellent organisational skills and recognise opportunities to implement process improvement or potential support of strategic activities.
This is a full-time position based out of our main Walton Oaks office, the expectation that a candidate will be in the office 2-3 days per week.
Commercial Contracting and Tendering Implementation (2 days a week):
- Candidate will play a critical role as an extension of our Contracts and tendering team.
- Candidate will be fully trained to support operations required to accurately implement, track, and meet the requirements in order to comply and optimise our commercial arrangements.
- Responsibilities include product set up, pricing, tender management, discounting and discontinuations. SAP pricing, financials, and SOX compliance processes.
- Management of internal and external communications.
Commercial and Operational Improvement (1 day a week):
- Support Commercial Portfolio leadership team to develop and deliver commercial strategy improvements across the following areas:
- Content development of materials for internal and external purposes.
- Candidate will be trained on internal systems and operate alongside Commercial Portfolio Administrator to process and own GCMA & MAPP approval processes.
- Processing and ownership for Purchase Order management.
- Deliver data analysis across TA e.g. Finances, sales tracking data.
- Development, management, and ownership of One Pfizer Smart Hub
- Support annual operating plan process.
- Develop and maintain instructional documents, procedures, and guidelines in accordance with Commercial Portfolio.
Communications and Culture (1 day a week):
- Supporting and co-ordinating team events and activities aligned to our values of Courage, Excellence, Equity and Joy and promote a culture of wellbeing.
- Developing and creating communications.
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
Our company purpose – “Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives” – guides our environmental sustainability priorities. We’re passionate about protecting human health. That’s reflected in our environmental sustainability goals: climate action & sustainable medicines.
Bringing Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives goes beyond breakthrough medicines. Climate change is impacting the health we protect and the patients we serve. It’s the challenge of our age, we need to act, and our customers and patients want us to act.
We leverage scientific innovation to reduce our environmental impact through climate impact mitigation, conservation of resources and the reduction of waste.
We will continue to work in partnership, using science to combat climate change together #ScienceWillWin
An Apprenticeship at Pfizer means doing work that helps millions of people worldwide benefit from life-changing treatment. It means working for a company that believes in equity, excellence and protecting your work-life balance.
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Want to explore careers within the business? Get stuck into an Apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from digital marketing to project management.
Our apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification and you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary!
Our apprenticeship programme ranges from level 2 to level 7 and can last between 12 months and five years. You can choose one that’s just right for you.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing business environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to generate creative and innovative ideas.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to facilitate wide ranging cross functional and diverse teams and to deliver a consensus.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Enthusiasm and pro-active attitude.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Hard-working and pro-active.
- Ability to solve problems, interact with others and manage a varied workload.
- Is self-motivated to achieve high quality results within defined timeframes.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Can use own judgment to make decisions on complex, non-routine issues within and outside of scope of responsibilities.
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Qualification to be delivered: Level 3 Business Administrator
Apprenticeship Standard: Level 3 Business Administrator
Training Provider: BPP
Delivery model: Training to be provided will be completed via blended learning (mixture of on site and online delivery)
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace. See the following website: http//www.transportdirect.info