We are delighted to offer a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in finance with a leading global company within the industrial sciences sector.
The Finance Apprentice will be a key member and contributor to the px Finance Department – part of a highly skilled, self-motivated team whose primary objective is to ensure px meet company, statutory and all other regulatory financial requirements to the specified standards.
|Qualification requirements||Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade 4 (C) or above, including English and mathematics.|
|Salary||The Apprentice will start on the minimum apprenticeship wage for the first 6 months then minimum wage for their age upon successful completion of probation.|
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days p.a. plus statutory holidays|
|Working hours||37.5 hours per week
08.30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday, with a 1-hour unpaid daily lunch break
|Interview date||Mid October|
|Closing date for applications||5th October 2023|
|To apply||To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in completing this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.|
|Next steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your application form to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
Due to our continuing growth, we’re pleased to offer a new apprenticeship opportunity at our head office for a Finance Apprentice.
The Finance Apprentice will be a key member and contributor to the px Finance Department – part of a highly skilled, self-motivated team whose primary objective is to ensure px meet company, statutory and all other regulatory financial requirements to the specified standards. Under the direction of the Finance Manager and working alongside the Finance, Purchasing and site operations departments, completing administrative duties including invoice processing and book-keeping.
The Finance Apprentice will support a diverse range of finance administration duties, including:
- timely and accurate processing and matching of purchase invoices, sales invoices, resolving payment queries, supplier statement reconciliations, supporting payment runs, maintaining spreadsheets, contributing towards accurate month-end reporting, document control (filing, photo-copying and scanning)
- provision of excellent customer service & positive promotion of the finance department to internal & external customers & colleagues, in line with changing business needs and finance strategies and requirements
- helping to provide and ensure a safe, tidy and welcoming office environment at all times
- answering telephone calls & resolving queries whenever possible, appropriately forwarding messages clearly and precisely
- help, prepare and ensure outgoing mail is sent at the required time and incoming mail is correctly distributed in a timely manner
- within required timeframes, work with your apprenticeship assessor and assigned px persons to complete academic & work experience apprenticeship requirements
- complete required training & attendance withy the training provider and at site. This will include business appreciation and on-going competency training
- positively present yourself and your apprenticeship to the department, px House, our customers and your apprenticeship provider.
This is a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in finance with a leading global company within the industrial sciences sector.
ABOUT PX GROUP
px group provides innovative operations management, engineering services and energy management solutions to high hazard, highly regulated industries.
Px Group is responsible for processing around 30% of the UK’s gas supply and operates many of the UK’s strategic sites on behalf of its clients, including gas terminals, power plants, renewables and chemicals sites.
We are committed to the Energy Transition, which will be delivered by investing in energy efficiency, repurposing fossil-based energy infrastructure and replacing these with low and zero carbon sources of energy, as well as using mitigation measures such as carbon capture and storage. We are working with our partners to create a lower carbon future by reducing Carbon Dioxide emissions from the sites we manage. We aim and intend to reach ‘net zero’ emissions across our entire operations, on an absolute basis, by 2050.
Here at px all that we do is underpinned by our Zero Harm Culture and our ELITE Values of Excellence, Leadership, Innovation, Teamwork and Empowerment.
Our people really do make the difference at px and that is why we have a people agenda that allows everyone to achieve success in all that they do.
px has a proud, successful apprenticeship heritage, with many employees starting as apprentices and whom are now in business support, operational, and manager roles.
Our People are our Future. If you would like to join our fast-growing business, and be part of the Energy Transition, please apply using the form/link below.
- Ability to work as part of a team: contributing to and working with others
- Good verbal and written communication skills – willing to speak to others, in person or by e-mail and phone
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships with people across the business
- Good organisational and administration skills – uses time efficiently and effectively, ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Uses initiative by finding ways to complete tasks/solve queries
- High degree of personal sincerity and integrity, able to maintain confidentiality and display the highest levels of professionalism at all times
- Customer focused – understands the needs of the customer, providing excellent service at all times
- Methodical, accurate and detail-conscious approach to work
- Strong desire to learn, a positive attitude and the flexibility to adapt to change and work effectively in a variety of situations
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Apprenticeship standard: Accounts / Finance Assistant
Qualification: Accounts / Finance Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
Training Provider: The Apprentice Academy
Delivery method: Weekly on-line teaching sessions with an AAT tutor, regular online meetings with support coach and 12-weekly progress reviews. AAT exams will be undertaken and invigilated in a local AAT-approved centre (Stockton Riverside College).
This role is part of our talent planning for the future and, for the right person, we are looking to continue to develop the Apprentice upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Our business is growing, is fast paced and evolving so there may be the opportunity to gain permanent employment in the team, subject to performance, successful completion of the Apprenticeship, and a role being available.
Completion of this apprenticeship will provide the opportunity to progress to the Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship, which incorporates the Level 3 AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with px Group. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills Apprenticeship portal.
The Apprentice will start on the minimum apprenticeship wage for the first 6 months then minimum wage for their age upon successful completion of probation.
Please ensure that you currently live within, or can relocate to, a commutable distance of the site.
Due to the remote nature of the study, you must be able to demonstrate a responsible and mature attitude to your study and work-based activities. Study time will form part of your working week.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to complete a short video interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a face-to-face interview at the Head Office in Stockton.