Jazz Pharmaceuticals is looking to recruit an intern. You will be a part of the INSPIRE Team and will focus on regulatory policy and intelligence (RPI), library services, and regulatory operations within both of Jazz’s therapeutic areas – neuroscience and oncology.
|Required qualification||Have completed a degree, ideally in either Life Sciences or Socials sciences.|
|Salary||£35,000 pro rata|
|Location||Hybrid – Homebased and expectation to attend closest office likely once every two/three weeks (either Cambridge, Oxford or Sittingbourne)|
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days per year, pro rata|
|Hours of Work||37.5 hours per week
Start Time – 9.00am
End Time– 5.30pm
Lunch – 1 hour
|Closing date||5th December 2023|
|Interview date||December/ January 2024|
|Start date||January 2024|
|To apply||Please click the apply button to submit your CV and cover letter in a Word format, please do not submit pdf’s or other un-editable formats.|
|Next Steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your CV and Cover Letter to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
At Jazz Pharmaceuticals, our purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. The intern will be a part of advancing this purpose through joining the INSPIRE Team and focusing on regulatory policy and intelligence (RPI), library services, and regulatory operations within both of Jazz’s therapeutic areas – neuroscience and oncology. The intern will be responsible for a research product in RPI and will present on the findings. INSPIRE is a part of the Global Regulatory Affairs & Drug Safety (GRADS) Department within the pharmaceutical setting. The intern will interact with other GRADS functions (regulatory strategy, drug safety and labelling) as well as meet with other function within and outside of research and development.
- Research regulatory policy and intelligence questions utilizing health authority websites and identified databases.
- Learn how to monitor US regulatory policy landscape and communicate findings internally.
- Write intelligence briefings summarizing recent health authority regulations and guidance.
- Research and create content on a hot topic in regulatory policy and post on internal communications site.
- Participate in relevant trade association meetings.
- Attend global regulatory team meetings on both neuroscience and oncology products.
- Develop relationships with other research and development functions (including but not limited to regulatory strategy, labelling, and drug safety).
- Research into key policy topics and create information decks for dissemination.
- Learn from and assist regulatory operations with submissions and other assigned tasks.
An evaluation will be given at the midpoint and end of the internship. The midpoint evaluation is intended to provide the student constructive feedback on strengths and weaknesses and offer recommendations to improve. A written final evaluation will be given at the end of the internship.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Self-directed functioning
- Organization and Professionalism
- Ability to solve problems, interact with others and manage a varied workload
- Is self-motivated to achieve high quality results within defined timeframes
- Attention to detail
ABOUT JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. Jazz Pharmaceuticals are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases—often with limited or no therapeutic options. They have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early-to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. They actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries.
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Please ensure that you are willing and able to live within commutable distance of the company site before applying. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact us for assistance.
Cogent Skills Placements Service are managing the recruitment for this placement at our client’s request, therefore we ask that applications are made through our website please.