We are delighted to offer a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in IT technical support with a leading global company within the industrial sciences sector.
You will be part of our dynamic and highly skilled IT team, contributing to the effective and accurate provision of a diverse range of ICT support services via the ICT Service Desk function.
|Qualification requirements||Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade 4 (C) or above, including English and mathematics.|
|Salary||The Apprentice will start on a fixed salary of £13,500 p.a. for the first year. This will be increased to national minimum wage for age in year 2.|
|Important Information||Some local travel between sites is required, with potential for national travel with overnight stay as you progress through the apprenticeship (you will have access to a pool car to facilitate travelling)|
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days p.a. plus statutory holidays|
|Benefits||px Group offers a wide range of benefits to our employees, including:
|Working Hours||Monday – Friday
08.30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday, with a 1-hour unpaid daily lunch break
|Interview Date||December 2023|
|Closing date for applications||4th December 2023|
|To apply||To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in completing this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.|
|Next steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.|
This role is part of a highly skilled, self-motivated team, whose primary objective is to ensure the px business is provided with a high level of ICT support.
Working at px’s Stockton HQ, and under the supervision of the ICT Service Desk Coordinator, you will support a diverse range of ICT Service Desk duties, including:
- Logging and triage of all Service Desk calls
- Categorisation of calls
- Attempt first-time remote fix of tickets if within a 15-minute time frame
- Escalation of incidents to the Service Desk Co-ordinator
- Maintain ICT stock levels
- Observe Service Level Agreements and ensure that they are adhered to
- Physical hardware rollouts & upgrades support
- Undertake an active role in supporting ICT projects and strategic activities
As your knowledge and skills progress, you will support, and develop, the px ICT helpdesk, policies, reports, procedures, written protocols etc. and support other members of the ICT Department and site-specific teams in maintaining high levels of safety, availability and reliability for ICT hardware and software (including systems).
This is a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in IT technical support with a leading global company within the industrial sciences sector.
ABOUT PX GROUP
px Group provides innovative operations management, engineering services and energy management solutions to high hazard, highly regulated industries.
Px Group is responsible for processing around 30% of the UK’s gas supply and operates many of the UK’s strategic sites on behalf of its clients, including gas terminals, power plants, renewables and chemicals sites.
We are committed to the Energy Transition, which will be delivered by investing in energy efficiency, repurposing fossil-based energy infrastructure and replacing these with low and zero carbon sources of energy, as well as using mitigation measures such as carbon capture and storage. We are working with our partners to create a lower carbon future by reducing Carbon Dioxide emissions from the sites we manage. We aim and intend to reach ‘net zero’ emissions across our entire operations, on an absolute basis, by 2050.
Here at px all that we do is underpinned by our Zero Harm Culture and our ELITE Values of Excellence, Leadership, Innovation, Teamwork and Empowerment.
Our people really do make the difference at px and that is why we have a people agenda that allows everyone to achieve success in all that they do.
px has a proud, successful apprenticeship heritage, with many employees starting as apprentices and whom are now in business support, operational, and manager roles.
Our People are our Future. If you would like to join our fast-growing business, and be part of the Energy Transition, please apply using the form/link below.
- Ability to work as part of a team: contributing to and working with others
- Good verbal and written communication skills – willing to speak to others, in person or by e-mail and phone
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships with people across the business
- Good organisational and administration skills – uses time efficiently and effectively, ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- An aptitude and passion for IT infrastructure
- Uses initiative by finding ways to complete tasks/solve queries
- High degree of personal sincerity and integrity, able to maintain confidentiality and display the highest levels of professionalism at all times
- Customer focused – understands the needs of the customer, providing excellent service at all times
- Methodical, accurate and detail-conscious approach to work
- Strong desire to learn, a positive attitude and the flexibility to adapt to change and work effectively in a variety of situations
- Patient and resilient to change
- Demonstrates a logical way of thinking and finds enjoyment in problem solving
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Qualification to be delivered: Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Standard: Information Communications Technician – Support Technician Pathway
Training Provider: Baltic Apprenticeships
Delivery model: The programme will be delivered in 2-day blocks every 4-6 weeks via SMART Classroom, a fully remote online interactive learning platform.
This role is part of our talent planning for the future and, for the right person, we are looking to continue to develop the Apprentice upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Our business is growing, is fast paced and evolving so there may be the opportunity to gain permanent employment in the team, subject to performance, successful completion of the Apprenticeship, and a role being available.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with px Group. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills Apprenticeship portal.
The Apprentice will start on a fixed salary of £13,500 p.a. for the first year. This will be increased to national minimum wage for age in year 2.
Please ensure that you currently live within, or can relocate to, a commutable distance of the site.
Due to the remote nature of the study, you must be able to demonstrate a responsible and mature attitude to your study and work-based activities. Study time will form part of your working week.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to complete a short video interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a face-to-face interview at the Head Office in Stockton.