This is a great opportunity to join Pfizer as a Laboratory Scientist apprentice. Working within the Chemical Research and Development Laboratories, you will help carry out complex scientific experiments.
|Salary||£17,060 per annum|
|Holiday Entitlement||25.5 days per year plus Bank Holidays|
|Working Hours||Monday to Thursday 9am – 5.25pm, Friday 9am – 4.05pm|
|Start Date||4th September 2023|
|Interview Date||March / April 2023|
|Closing date for applications||5th March 2023|
|To apply||To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in completing this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance|
|Next Steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your application form to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
Chemist in our CRD Crystallisation Laboratories
The crystallisation team is responsible for developing processes to deliver active pharmaceutical ingredients that can be formulated robustly and meet all purity specifications. In order to achieve our goals, we use state-of-the-art automated reactors, process monitoring technologies and characterisation techniques, as well as maintaining close interfaces with synthetic chemists, formulation scientists, engineers and material scientists. Our responsibilities extend to successful transfer of processes to pilot and production scale and include the evaluation of new technologies and external science to constantly refresh our workflows.
What can you expect from a science apprenticeship at Pfizer?
- Working in a fast-paced environment within a highly skilled scientific community
- Applying scientific theories to real-life scenarios in the process of drug development
- Structured training activities with close mentorship
- Hands on experience in state-of-the art laboratories
- Development of analytical skills through experimental write-up and analysis
- Exposure to a business environment operating within regulations set by external organisations including Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Problem solving and experimentation to recommend improvements in laboratory processes
- Learning to plan and prioritise tasks whilst evaluating progress against objectives
- Developing excellent communication skills to communicate scientific information and allow effective collaboration in a professional environment
- Using creative thinking to challenge assumptions, innovate and make new proposals to build on existing ideas
- Taking responsibility for personal development, demonstrating commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Tools to thrive and develop professionally to help enable a successful career
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
Our company purpose – “Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives” – guides our environmental sustainability priorities. We’re passionate about protecting human health. That’s reflected in our environmental sustainability goals: climate action & sustainable medicines.
Bringing Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives goes beyond breakthrough medicines. Climate change is impacting the health we protect and the patients we serve. It’s the challenge of our age, we need to act, and our customers and patients want us to act.
We leverage scientific innovation to reduce our environmental impact through climate impact mitigation, conservation of resources and the reduction of waste.
We will continue to work in partnership, using science to combat climate change together #ScienceWillWin
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. “Love Science? Want to work on the business side? Get stuck into an apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from working in the drug development labs to paralegal service”.
Pfizer’s apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification. And all the time, you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary.
Looking for an alternative to college or university, where you can earn while you learn, and build experience with a global leader? Find it at Pfizer.
- Knowledge of life sciences and mathematics
- Ability to follow instructions and operate in a controlled environment adhering to procedures for example safety, environment and risk management
- Interest in problem solving with a creative approach
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse mix of team members effectively
- Appreciation of the importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Competent user of IT software including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and ability to summarise information and write up into a report or to deliver a presentation
- Capable of researching scientific topics and identifying key information relevant to the project
- Laboratory experience (nice to have – not a requirement)
- Passion for science and continuous learning
- Desire to work and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to ask questions when working on an unknown or new package of work
- Motivated to drive your career progression and development
- Open to change and flexibility within a work environment
- Ability to listen and take on board the opinion of others whilst also being able to positively influence colleagues
- Self-driven and able to set goals which are realistic but also challenging
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Apprenticeship standard: Laboratory Scientist
Training provider: Greenwich University
Qualification: BSc Chemistry
Delivery model: Day release Medway Campus
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.
THINGS TO BE DELIVERED
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.