If science is your passion, Pfizer is looking to recruit a Laboratory Scientist apprentice to work within the Materials Characterisation Team (MCT). You will help the team with troubleshooting investigations and new material supplier assessments using advanced analytics.
|Salary||£17,060 per annum|
|Holiday Entitlement||25.5 days per year plus Bank Holidays|
|Working Hours||Monday to Thursday 9am – 5.25pm, Friday 9am – 4.05pm|
|Start Date||4th September 2023|
|Interview Date||June 2023|
|Closing date for applications||5th June 2023|
|To apply||To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in complete this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.|
|Next Steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your application form to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
Laboratory Scientist in our Materials Characterisation Team (MCT)
The Materials Characterisation Team sits within Pfizer’s Global Supply organisation and the team supports the sites with troubleshooting investigations and new material supplier assessments using advanced analytics. The team utilises an array of state-of-the-art technologies to characterise a variety of materials including powders, intermediates, finished dosage forms and packaging materials to help solve complex quality and manufacturing challenges. These techniques are also used to compare the physical and chemical properties of alternate suppliers of active ingredients or excipients to help guide new supplier selection and determine whether there will be any risk using the new materials in our processes.
What can you expect from a science apprenticeship at Pfizer?
- Working in a fast-paced environment within a highly skilled scientific community
- Applying scientific theories to real-life scenarios in the process of drug development
- Structured training activities with close mentorship
- Hands on experience in state-of-the art laboratories
- Development of analytical skills through experimental write-up and analysis
- Exposure to a business environment operating within regulations set by external organisations including Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Problem solving and experimentation to recommend improvements in laboratory processes
- Learning to plan and prioritise tasks whilst evaluating progress against objectives
- Developing excellent communication skills to communicate scientific information and allow effective collaboration in a professional environment
- Using creative thinking to challenge assumptions, innovate and make new proposals to build on existing ideas
- Taking responsibility for personal development, demonstrating commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Tools to thrive and develop professionally to help enable a successful career
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
Our company purpose – “Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives” – guides our environmental sustainability priorities. We’re passionate about protecting human health. That’s reflected in our environmental sustainability goals: climate action & sustainable medicines.
Bringing Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives goes beyond breakthrough medicines. Climate change is impacting the health we protect and the patients we serve. It’s the challenge of our age, we need to act, and our customers and patients want us to act.
We leverage scientific innovation to reduce our environmental impact through climate impact mitigation, conservation of resources and the reduction of waste.
We will continue to work in partnership, using science to combat climate change together #ScienceWillWin
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. “Love Science? Want to work on the business side? Get stuck into an apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from working in the drug development labs to paralegal service”.
Pfizer’s apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification. And all the time, you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary.
Looking for an alternative to college or university, where you can earn while you learn, and build experience with a global leader? Find it at Pfizer.
- Have an interest in science, especially chemistry and mathematics.
- Passion for solving problems and ability to apply scientific knowledge to them.
- Rational, innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Passion to continue learning and improving themselves
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within teams as well as independently
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to apply learning from prior experience to new situations and problems
- Ability to evaluate information from a broad range of sources
- Communicates with clarity, purpose and efficiently
- Enthusiastic attitude and approach to teamwork with positive influencing and listening skills
- High energy level; hard working; makes things happen
- Demonstrates sound judgement when making decisions
- Self-driven and able to set personal goals which are realistic and challenging
- Agile, flexible and resilient
- Have an interest and a desire to work and develop as an analytical scientist
- Desire to work in a laboratory environment
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Apprenticeship standard: Laboratory Scientist
Training provider: Greenwich University
Qualification: BSc Pharmaceutical Science
Delivery model: Day release Medway Campus
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.
THINGS TO BE DELIVERED
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.
Pfizer is a leading biopharmaceutical company