This is a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in purchasing and supplier management with a leading global company in the life sciences sector. The Assistant Buyer will support the Procurement Manager with all aspects of purchasing goods and services, and supplier management.
|Age Restriction||Minimum age 18 years (due to CIPS requirements for entry onto the mandatory CIPS qualification)|
|Salary||£15,000 per annum|
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days (plus statutory bank holidays)|
|Benefits||Cogent Skills offers a wide range of benefits to our employees, including:
|Location||Fawdon, NE3 3NB|
|Working Hours||Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm with 1 hour unpaid daily lunch break|
|Interview Dates||December 2022|
|Closing date for applications||27th November 2022|
|Next Steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your application form to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
Download and complete the application form then click the “apply now” button to submit this.
Cogent Skills is working with Accord Healthcare Ltd to recruit an Apprentice Assistant Buyer for its busy manufacturing site in Fawdon, Tyne & Wear. The successful candidate will be employed by Cogent Skills Services but will undertake all on-job learning with Accord Healthcare.
As part of a busy Procurement team, the Apprentice Assistant Buyer will support the Procurement Manager with all aspects of purchasing goods and services, and supplier management.
Over the course of the programme, the Apprentice Assistant Buyer will learn how to:
- Work within established company processes and procedures
- forge and maintain supplier/customer relationships with a range of stakeholders, keeping key stakeholders and customers appropriately informed
- deal with supplier queries, liaising with other departments to resolve queries;
- liaise, negotiate and undertake proactive actions with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of purchased goods and services, taking appropriate actions to address any shortfalls or excess
- use a range of contract and supplier performance monitoring, management and reporting techniques to ensure that cost, service, quality and sustainability objectives are being achieved and maintained
- use appropriate software, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation packages, plus specialist programmes and systems associated with the organisation to convey information
- raise items for discussion and negotiation to resolve an issue that may be with customers, suppliers or colleagues
This is a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in purchasing and supplier management with a leading company within the life sciences sector.
ABOUT ACCORD HEALTHCARE
Accord Healthcare is a fast-growing global pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and distributes generic, biosimilar and added-value medicines in over 85 countries worldwide, helping to improve access for patients to essential pharmaceutical care at the point of need.
Accord’s portfolio spans across critical therapeutic fields such as oncology, cardiology, neurology, psychiatry, diabetes, pain management and gastroenterology
By challenging the status quo and directly addressing unmet clinical and societal needs, Accord continuously strives to make things better by delivering high quality medicines to patients, quickly, economically, reliably and with great innovation.
As one of the fastest growing generic pharmaceutical companies in the UK & Ireland, we have an extensive supply chain through its two UK based manufacturing sites and the largest manufacturer-owned warehousing & distribution centre in the UK.
Our employees foster our enduring reputation for quality and integrity, supporting our primary goal of helping to ensure patients receive the medicines they need, when they need them, with patient well-being at the centre of everything we do.
We believe in creating a culture that ‘achieves’. To support this, we are looking to build an inclusive company that attracts and retains key talent by investing in training and development, tailored to an individual’s needs. We are looking for the best and brightest technical minds in pharmaceutical development, manufacture and distribution, as well as sharp, forward-thinking business professionals, to work for Accord Healthcare.
We offer opportunities for people who are looking for professional growth, to learn and develop their careers.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade 4 or above (or with anticipated grades of 4 or above) including Maths and English.
- 2 A Levels would also be desirable but is not an essential requirement for the role
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships with people across the business
- Good organisational and administration skills – uses time efficiently and effectively, ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and other IT systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Energetic individual who thrives on a challenge
- Customer focused – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn, a positive attitude and the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 4 Commercial Procurement & Supply Apprenticeship Standard to be delivered by Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS Corporate Services Ltd). This will be delivered by a mixture of virtual and one to one face to face onsite training.
This role is part of our talent planning for the future and, for the right person, we are looking to continue to develop the Apprentice upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Our business is growing, is fast paced and evolving so there may be the opportunity to gain permanent employment in the team as an Assistant Buyer, subject to performance, successful completion of the Apprenticeship, and a role being available.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with Accord Healthcare Ltd. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills Apprenticeship portal.
The successful candidate will be employed by Cogent Skills Services but will undertake all on-job learning with Accord Healthcare at its manufacturing site in Fawdon, Tyne & Wear. There will be no requirement for remote or shift working.
Please ensure that you currently live within, or can relocate to, a commutable distance of the site.
Due to the blended nature of the study, you must be able to demonstrate a responsible and mature attitude to your study and work-based activities. Study time will form part of your working week.