This is a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in science and technology with a leading global company in the life sciences sector. Accord Healthcare Ltd is seeking an Apprentice Pharmaceutical Technologist, who will provide technical support in all aspects of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
|Qualifications requirement||Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade 4 or above, including English, mathematics and science|
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days plus bank holidays|
|Benefits||Cogent Skills offers a wide range of benefits to our employees, including:
|Location||Fawdon, Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Working Hours||37.5 hours per week
8.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday, with a 1-hour unpaid daily lunch break
|Start Date||September 2023|
|Interview Date||Week commencing 10th July 2023|
|Closing date for applications||16th June 2023|
|To apply||To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in complete this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.|
|Next Steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your application form to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
Cogent Skills is working with Accord Healthcare Ltd to recruit an Apprentice Pharmaceutical Technologist for its busy manufacturing site in Fawdon, Tyne & Wear. The successful candidate will be employed by Cogent Skills Services but will undertake all on-job learning with Accord Healthcare.
Reporting to the Principal Pharmaceutical Technologist, the Pharmaceutical Technologist will provide technical support in all aspects of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, focusing on the preparation and support for the manufacture of initial scale up batches at both pilot and commercial scales through to complete Process Validation, ensuring validation lifecycle approach is followed.
This will include:
- helping to manage product development and inter-site transfers of solid oral dose products from laboratory to pilot and commercial scales
- applying scientific techniques for experimental design and process scale up
- performing all physical analysis during the oral solid dose manufacturing process
- protocols/reports, batch manufacturing records and technical document creation and review
- co-ordinating circulation and approval of master records
- compiling CMC documentation packages and aid regulatory submissions
- improving process/quality/costs by applying scientific principles and logical methodologies
- liaising with other teams to ensure NPI plan is implemented in a timely manner
This is a fantastic opportunity to embark on a professional science career with a leading global company within the life sciences sector.
ABOUT ACCORD HEALTHCARE LIMITED
Accord Healthcare is a fast-growing global pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and distributes generic, biosimilar and added-value medicines in over 85 countries worldwide, helping to improve access for patients to essential pharmaceutical care at the point of need.
Accord’s portfolio spans across critical therapeutic fields such as oncology, cardiology, neurology, psychiatry, diabetes, pain management and gastroenterology
By challenging the status quo and directly addressing unmet clinical and societal needs, Accord continuously strives to make things better by delivering high quality medicines to patients, quickly, economically, reliably and with great innovation.
As one of the fastest growing generic pharmaceutical companies in the UK & Ireland, we have an extensive supply chain through its two UK based manufacturing sites and the largest manufacturer-owned warehousing & distribution centre in the UK.
Our employees foster our enduring reputation for quality and integrity, supporting our primary goal of helping to ensure patients receive the medicines they need, when they need them, with patient well-being at the centre of everything we do.
We believe in creating a culture that ‘achieves’. To support this, we are looking to build an inclusive company that attracts and retains key talent by investing in training and development, tailored to an individual’s needs. We are looking for the best and brightest technical minds in pharmaceutical development, manufacture and distribution, as well as sharp, forward-thinking business professionals, to work for Accord Healthcare.
We offer opportunities for people who are looking for professional growth, to learn and develop their careers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Methodical and organised, with excellent planning skills – uses time efficiently and effectively, ability to work accurately to required deadlines
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Have the capability to produce reliable, accurate data for all work carried out
- Be able to analyse and evaluate results / data obtained from work carried out
- Adopts a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Customer focused – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Conscientious and detail focused – diligent, accurate and productive
- Energetic individual who has a high level of personal pride in their work
- Commitment to personal development, positive attitude and resilient to change
Apprenticeship standard: Level 3 Science Manufacturing Technician
Training provider: Cogent SSC
Qualification: Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Certificate in Applied Science
Delivery model: Blended, through online and on-site learning, plus two short residential courses – 3 days at York Stem Cell Centre to undertake practical work within the labs; 2 day residential to Cogent Head office in Warrington for invigilated examinations in either January or June (cohort dependant)
This role is part of our talent planning for the future and, for the right person, we are looking to continue to develop the successful candidate further upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Our business is growing, is fast paced and evolving so there may be the opportunity to gain permanent employment in the team as a Pharmaceutical Technologist, subject to performance, successful completion of the Apprenticeship, and a role being available.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with Accord Healthcare Ltd. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills Apprenticeship portal.
The successful candidate will be employed by Cogent Skills Services but will undertake all on-job learning with Accord Healthcare at its manufacturing site in Fawdon, Tyne & Wear. There will be no requirement for remote or shift working.
Please ensure that you currently live within, or can relocate to, a commutable distance of the site.
Due to the part-time nature of the study, you must be able to demonstrate a responsible and mature attitude to your study and work-based activities. Study time will form part of your working week.