Alpek Polyester UK Ltd. is looking for three Apprentice Process (Manufacturing) Technicians to work as part of our manufacturing shift teams. The role involves working alongside experienced technicians to operate equipment, monitor machinery and complete documentation, thus contributing to the efficient running of the processes that produce PET resin.
|Qualifications requirement||Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade 4/C or above (or with anticipated grades of 4/C or above) including maths, English and science|
|Salary||Minimum Apprenticeship Wage
Salary will rise in line with national minimum age rates.
Apprentices will receive a shift disturbance allowance when they join the shift team (currently £4,915.49 p.a.)
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days (plus statutory bank holidays) – rostered into the shift pattern when on site|
|Benefits||The company offers a contributory pension scheme. The apprentice will contribute 5%, Alpek Polyester UK Ltd 3%|
|Working Hours||During Year 1 the hours will vary but on average will be Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5pm.
On site, a 12-hour shift pattern applies, covering 365 days p.a.
|Start date||4th September 2023|
|Interview date||21st June 2023|
|Closing date for applications||5th June 2023|
|To apply||To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in complete this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.|
|Next Steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your application form to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
Alpek Polyester UK Ltd is a subsidiary of Alpek, S.A.B. de C.V., the petrochemicals business of Alfa S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations and a global producer in 29 countries, with annual sales in excess of $19 billion. Based at our 64-acre manufacturing facility at Wilton in Teesside, we produce in excess of 230,000 tonnes of Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) resin chips every year.
Alpek Polyester – Global Leader in the Production of Polyester
The Apprentice will follow the Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Standard, which will combine practical, technical and behavioural training with theoretical knowledge of relevant science and process technology.
Under supervision, the role holder will undertake the following activities:
- Operate and monitor the systems and equipment involved in the production of PET resin
- Inspect, clean, and maintain the equipment in accordance with operational instructions
- Identify when the process is deviating from the norm, take necessary actions to correct it, or escalate to appropriate manager
- Work both individually and as part of a shift team
- Take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work undertaken
- Complete all documentation accurately and in detail
- Approach problems in a logical way and find appropriate solutions
- Manage a variety of tasks to enable work to be completed on time and accurately whilst maintaining quality
You will be required to:
- Work under highly regulated conditions and comply with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures at all times
- Work in varied conditions, wearing safety equipment on processing plant or in process control rooms
- Work 12-hour shifts on plants running 365-day operations (after a period of foundation training and where working time regulations allow)
- Comply with regulations and legislation and all other company policies and procedures at all times
- Comply with required standards for documentation, good housekeeping, and time keeping
- Work in varied conditions, inside and outside, across two process plants and control rooms
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Training Provider: Hartlepool College of Further Education
Apprenticeship Standard: Science Manufacturing Technician
Qualification being delivered: City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Process Technology
Delivery Model: The Apprentices will study full time at Hartlepool College of Further Education for the first (foundation) year, with a minimum of two on site placement weeks. Any further agreed study in years two and three will be through day release.
ABOUT ALPEK POLYESTER UK LTD
Alpek Polyester UK Ltd is a subsidiary of Alpek, S.A.B. de C.V. the petrochemicals business of Alfa S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations and a global producer in 29 countries, with annual sales in excess of $19 billion. Based at our 64-acre manufacturing facility at Wilton in Teesside, we produce in excess of 230,000 tonnes of Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) resin chips every year.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing, using a full range of skills – questioning, listening, checking
- Work and interact effectively within a team
- Practical – works well with hands
- Ability to complete work accurately to schedule and on time
- Ability to respond to changing workloads, showing flexibility
- Approach problems in a logical manner
- Works well with a variety of different people as part of a team
- Enthusiastic individual who has a high level of personal pride in their work
- Completes tasks thoroughly and pays attention to detail
- Alert to potential issues and curious to continually learn
- Organised and prioritises a range of tasks to meet deadlines
- Aptitude and passion for ‘hands on’ learning
This role is part of our talent planning for the future and, for the right person, we are looking to continue to develop the Apprentice upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship. Subject to satisfactory completion of the Apprenticeship, candidates may be considered for any available permanent positions.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
The Apprentice must be able to travel to the place of work (Hartlepool College or Alpek Polyester UK Ltd. site). Times of work may vary and may, for limited periods, include night shifts and weekend work.
Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with Alpek Polyester UK Ltd. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills Apprenticeship portal. Those who have previously expressed an interest in opportunities with Alpek Polyester UK Ltd. must also apply in this way.