Process Technician Apprentice – Seqirus
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your Manufacturing Career and be part of the future of vaccine manufacturing in Liverpool.
Our apprentices train in multiple manufacturing areas and are given coaching and hands-on experience in the end to end Influenza vaccination manufacturing process – giving them a broad range of skills and experience.
ESSENTIAL: English, Mathematics and Science
|Salary||Per/Annum 23 and over 21 to 22 18 to 20 Under 18
£20,423.81 £19,735.85 £14,686.80 £10,304.90
Salary increments during apprenticeship
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days per year|
|Benefit||Employee Assistance programme
Student discount card (NUS)
Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship
|Location||Renaissance Way, Speke, Liverpool L24 9JW|
|Working Hours||Initially 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 1pm on Friday. Start and finish times may alter to fit the processing hours of the departments the apprentice is assigned to, however total hours worked will stay the same.|
|Start Date||June 2023|
|Interview Date||Assessment day 20 April 23 08:30 – 17:00|
|Closing Date for applications||29th March 2023|
|To apply||To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in complete this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.|
|Next Steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your application form to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
The role holder will be a key employee in the manufacturing organisation. They will help provide (be trained in) the technical skill-sets necessary to manufacture high quality vaccines in a compliant, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
Participates in the manufacture of Flu Vaccines in each of the Primary and secondary Manufacturing areas.
- When manufacturing ensure that all Departmental Batch Records are followed and:
- Ensure appropriate control, monitoring and delivery of activities in their area of work.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed correctly, accurately in a timely manner and signed by the relevant personnel.
- Carryout final documentation review and sign off to ensure documentation is right first time.
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety regulations. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours necessary to create a safe working environment for themselves and their colleagues.
- Be able to update existing SOPs and MIs as and when required performing regular reviews and initiating new documentation as appropriate.
- To actively maintain and promote a cGMP compliant culture, ensure that the highest standards of housekeeping and safety are applied within the area in accordance with the Guide to Manufacturing Approved Standards and to apply the principles of Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving, 5S, Waste Elimination and Energy Efficient Activities in support of Continuous Improvement.
- To maximise their individual contribution so that team objectives are achieved. To work as a team member, providing and receiving support feedback to team members and their team leader. To communicate and liaise with members of other teams, customers, and suppliers to meet the business’s objectives. To suggest solutions to issues which may arise.
- Attend all compulsory and allocated training courses required for the role. Ensure that all training is completed in a timely manner and that personal training records are kept up to date. To continue to develop new skills, competencies, and behaviours to fulfil both current and future business needs. The role holder will be able to demonstrate the application of the skills required for their role.
- To work in a safe manner in compliance with all pertinent UK legislation, Seqirus mandatory policies, guidelines and site procedures for Health, Safety and Environment.
- To contribute ideas and action to improve team, process, and equipment performance. To support process improvement and uphold Seqirus Values.
- Support organisations change and process improvements.
Batches executed right the first time
Personal Development / Learning agility and curiosity
Ensure college attendance & all college work is completed in a timely manner
Actively promote good working relationships with peers, mentors & managers
Execution errors / deviations / production losses
Avoidance of equipment damage and production losses
Key member of Production Team
The CSL Seqirus Manufacturing Apprenticeship can initially lead to a Manufacturing Technician role in one of the site’s production areas. From this role, various paths of progression are opened – from supervisory/management roles to quality and validation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your Career.
At CSL Seqirus, we are driven by just one goal – to lessen the severity and impact of influenza, which can reach epidemic or even pandemic proportions with life-threatening consequences. Every year our influenza vaccines help protect millions of people. We find solutions to big, complex, challenging problems, and we see the results in the world around us. Then we do it all over again the following year.
CSL Seqirus is one of the world’s largest influenza vaccine companies. We were created when CSL Limited, acquired the Novartis influenza vaccine business and combined it with vaccine subsidiary, bioCSL.
Our long-established parent, CSL Limited, has a rich heritage in influenza dating back to the Spanish flu pandemic. Our manufacturing facility in Melbourne, Australia, has been producing flu vaccine for nearly five decades.
Now it’s joined by Seqirus Liverpool in the UK, a Centre of Excellence for egg-based influenza vaccine manufacturing. It is one of the biggest biotechnology sites in Europe and the only injectable influenza vaccine manufacturer in the UK. It also produces the only licensed adjuvanted seasonal influenza vaccine.
In addition, Seqirus has a state-of-the-art vaccine producing facility at Holly Springs site in the US. The use of a novel cell culture-based process is an alternative to traditional egg-based influenza vaccine production, and gives Seqirus vital additional capacity, particularly in the event of a pandemic.
With cutting-edge facilities, technologies, and technical expertise, Seqirus will be a reliable supplier of seasonal influenza vaccine with the ability to rapidly respond to pandemic threats.
By focusing on disease prevention, Seqirus plays a key role in the company’s core mission: keeping people healthy, alleviating suffering, and enhancing quality of life.
The current vaccine portfolio for CSL includes vaccines to prevent:
- Pandemic & Seasonal Influenza (flu)
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles, Mumps, and rubella
- Pneumococcal infection
- Diphtheria and Tetanus
- Cervical Cancer
- Hepatitus B
- Hepatitus B
- Rotavirus-induced gastroenteritis
This apprenticeship will be based at the CSL Seqirus Liverpool Influenza Production Facility in Speke, Liverpool. We are the only end to end flu manufacturing operation in the UK.
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Apprenticeship standard: Science Manufacturing Technician apprentice- – Process Technology Diploma
Training provider: Cogent Skills
Delivery Model: The level 3 process technology diploma is delivered on site by a tutor via day/block release and is tailored to suit shift patterns.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Location: Speke, Liverpool