This is an exciting opportunity to join Pfizer as a Project Manager within the Patient Experience Team. As a Level 4 Associate Project Manager apprentice, you will provide project management input to ensure the delivery of actions and goals.
|Salary||£15,740 per annum|
|Holiday Entitlement||25.5 days per year plus Bank Holidays|
|Working Hours||Monday to Thursday 9am – 5.25pm, Friday 9am – 4.05pm|
|Start Date||4th September 2023|
|Interview Date||March / April 2023|
|Closing date for applications||5th March 2023|
|To apply||To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in complete this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.|
|Next Steps||Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
This will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager along with your application form to decide who is brought through to the final interview.
If you have any issues in applying, please contact us on [email protected]
Provides project management input to the Pfizer UK Oncology patient Experience Team to ensure delivery of operating plan, projects, actions and goals
You will operate in a team environment, working closely with other colleagues to ensure comprehensive and consistent delivery of business support through sharing of best practice and process improvement and alignment.
This role provides the scope to work with external colleagues, including patients and patient representatives, healthcare professionals and other NHS personnel, providing continuity of support to key project groups and to work with patient organisations and groups in the delivery of collaborations aimed at improving the experience of cancer patients.
Given the broad range of work, systems and processes supported, essential features of this role are the ability to communicate effectively, excellent organisational skills and recognise opportunities to implement process improvement or potential support of strategic activities which enhance the experience of patients receiving cancer services and add value to the business.
- Project Management: Oversight and contributing to patient experience and other projects which have the aim of improving the experience of patients receiving cancer and also that of their carers and relatives. The projects may also explore how the NHS can achieve improved efficiency and productivity.
- Project Leads: Leading and presenting in meetings to share innovative ideas and strategies which will enhance the implementation of new or revised processes that drive toward improved patient experience and service efficiency and quality gains.
- Process re-engineering: Accountability for facilitating projects in delivering process development, decision making, and change management in accordance with the overarching project governance framework.
- Communication and Change Management: Developing and maintaining instructional documents, procedures and guidelines in accordance with Patient Experience Team processes to lead our state of continuous improvements.
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
Our company purpose – “Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives” – guides our environmental sustainability priorities. We’re passionate about protecting human health. That’s reflected in our environmental sustainability goals: climate action & sustainable medicines.
Bringing Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives goes beyond breakthrough medicines. Climate change is impacting the health we protect and the patients we serve. It’s the challenge of our age, we need to act, and our customers and patients want us to act.
We leverage scientific innovation to reduce our environmental impact through climate impact mitigation, conservation of resources and the reduction of waste.
We will continue to work in partnership, using science to combat climate change together #ScienceWillWin
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. “Love Science? Want to work on the business side? Get stuck into an apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from working in the drug development labs to paralegal service”.
Pfizer’s apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification. And all the time, you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary.
Looking for an alternative to college or university, where you can earn while you learn, and build experience with a global leader? Find it at Pfizer.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing business environment
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to generate creative and innovative ideas
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to facilitate wide ranging cross functional and diverse teams and to deliver a consensus
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Enthusiasm and pro-active attitude
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Technical awareness
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to solve problems, interact with others and manage a varied workload
- Is self-motivated to achieve high quality results within defined timeframes
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Can use own judgment to make decisions on complex, non-routine issues within and outside of scope of responsibilities
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Apprenticeship standard: Associate Project Manager
Training provider: BPP
Delivery model: online learning
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.