Operate and maintain the plant to ensure efficient process continuity ensuring all safety, environmental and quality regulations as established by the company are followed.
|GCSE English 5 and above
GCSE Maths 5 and above
GCSE Science 5 and above
|Due to health and safety restrictions, applicants need to be 18 or over at the start of the apprenticeship.
Reviews every 6 months with salary increasing by £2000 each review if the apprentices meets all the necessary requirements both in the workplace and in college.
|24 days plus bank holidays. These are incorporated into the shift pattern.
In addition, after 1 years’ service they can have up to 3 floating days to book and after 3 years’ service this increases to up to 6 floating days to book.
|Pension Employer; 4.5% Employee; 4.5%
Bonus – up to 1.7% of salary based on Health & Safety objectives and personal attendance
Medicash after 3 years’ service
Employee Assistance Programme
On site parking
On site canteen
Cycle to Work Scheme
Uniform and PPE provided.
Long Service Awards (starting from 5 years’ service)
|Shift Pattern working 4 on (2 x days, 2 x nights) 6 off.
If on days, Monday to Friday.
Shifts are 6am – 6pm and 6pm – 6am
Days 730am – 4pm but flexibility is required to suit business needs
|Closing Date for applications
|29th February 2024
|To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in completing this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.
|Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
Apprentices will receive training to carry out the following activities in all areas of the Paper Mill:
- Comply with Safety, Quality and Environment regulations and company policy
- Ensure good housekeeping in all production areas
- Participate in the investigation of events that occur, identifying opportunities for improvements in installations/procedures and putting into practice the actions that are defined
- Form part of the site emergency response team
- Carry out daily Total Preventative Maintenance checks to ensure associated plant is running at its optimum and any anomalies are identified and resolved in a timely manner
- Support the Level 1 Operator in performing the production programme in accordance with production targets, complying with the quality specifications set whilst achieving the greatest overall efficiency possible
- Carry out plant cleaning and maintenance work during scheduled monthly, annual or general downtimes in line with the instructions of the Shift Manager
- Monitor and control all aspects of the paper making process
- Carry out daily work programmes as assigned by the shift manager
- Good computer literacy is essential
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong team worker with high levels of independence
- Good use of initiative
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Apprenticeship Standard: Science Manufacturing Technician
Training Provider: Cogent Skills
Delivery model: Online
ABOUT Saica Paper
Our state-of-the-art production facilities allow us to manufacture a range of high-performance papers that can be converted into advanced packaging in terms of strength and design. In addition, our range of 100% recycled papers allows you to optimise your production processes and minimise your costs.