We are delighted to offer a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in business administration within the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality department of a leading global company in the industrial sciences sector.
you will work alongside other members of the SHEQ team to advise on the health, safety and environmental risks that affect the company, ensure that legal and company SHE requirements are being met, and promote a positive SHE culture across the business.
|Minimum 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade 4 (C) or above, including English and mathematics.
The Apprentice will start on a fixed annual salary for the first year. This will be reviewed annually in line with performance.
|25 days p.a. plus statutory holidays
|37.5 hours per week
08.30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday, with a 1-hour unpaid daily lunch break
|Closing date for applications
|24th March 2024
|To apply, fill in your information in the online form below. If you are having difficulty in completing this, please contact recruitment on [email protected] for assistance.
|Once the position has closed, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one way video interview, you will have 3 days to complete it.
As part of the SHEQ team, you will support and deliver a range of administration duties, providing excellent customer service and positive promotion of the department to internal and external customers and colleagues.
Typical duties will include:
- preparing and maintaining records/databases relating to safety, health and environmental matters
- incoming call and e-mail handling
- assisting the SHE team to ensure that policies, procedures and working practices are safe and compliant with legal, corporate and ISO certification requirements
- keeping up to date and research industry issues, updates and best practices
- identifying hazards within the organisation and how they could be potentially harmful to an individual. Advise on how to deal with hazards in line with workplace and legal requirements.
- assisting with investigations of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses
- general office administration duties
This is a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in safety, health and environmental admin support with a leading company within the industrial sciences sector.
ABOUT PX GROUP
px group provides innovative operations management, engineering services and energy management solutions to high hazard, highly regulated industries.
Px Group is responsible for processing around 30% of the UK’s gas supply and operates many of the UK’s strategic sites on behalf of its clients, including gas terminals, power plants, renewables and chemicals sites.
We are committed to the Energy Transition, which will be delivered by investing in energy efficiency, repurposing fossil-based energy infrastructure and replacing these with low and zero carbon sources of energy, as well as using mitigation measures such as carbon capture and storage. We are working with our partners to create a lower carbon future by reducing Carbon Dioxide emissions from the sites we manage. We aim and intend to reach ‘net zero’ emissions across our entire operations, on an absolute basis, by 2050.
Here at px all that we do is underpinned by our Zero Harm Culture and our ELITE Values of Excellence, Leadership, Innovation, Teamwork and Empowerment.
Our people really do make the difference at px and that is why we have a people agenda that allows everyone to achieve success in all that they do.
px has a proud, successful apprenticeship heritage, with many employees starting as apprentices and whom are now in business support, operational, and manager roles.
Our People are our Future. If you would like to join our fast-growing business, and be part of the Energy Transition, please apply using the form/link below.
- Ability to work as part of a team: contributing to and working with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – a polite and friendly manner with excellent face to face and telephone customer service skills. Confident to speak to others, in person or by e-mail and phone
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships with people across the business
- Excellent organisational and administration skills – uses time efficiently and effectively, ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Attention to detail – getting things right and getting things done
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential or sensitive matters
- Customer focused – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers, bringing enthusiasm and engagement to help ensure a collaborative working commitment to safe working practices
- Methodical, accurate and detail-conscious approach to work
- Positive attitude, flexible, adaptable and resilient to change
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Apprenticeship Standard: Business Administrator Level 3
Training Provider: Stockton Riverside College
Delivery model: Blended delivery; a mixture of online knowledge sessions and monthly face to face assessor visits in the workplace
This role is part of our talent planning for the future and, for the right person, we are looking to continue to develop the Apprentice upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Our business is growing, is fast paced and evolving so there may be the opportunity to gain permanent employment in the team, subject to performance, successful completion of the Apprenticeship, and a role being available.
Completion of this Apprenticeship may provide a gateway to further career opportunities within the business or a more focused role in the SHE team.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with px Group. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills Apprenticeship portal.
Please ensure that you currently live within, or can relocate to, a commutable distance of the site and training provider.
Due to the nature of the study, you must be able to demonstrate a responsible and mature attitude to your study and work-based activities. Study time will form part of your working week.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to complete a short video interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a face-to-face interview at the Head Office in Stockton.