Human Factors Awareness Course – 1 Day
Who is it for?
Hazard industry leaders and management who not only need to understand more about Human Factors / Competence Management and it’s relevance to process safety on a COMAH site, but also need to understand how to comply to HSE’s Human Factors regulatory requirements
The course includes some real-life case studies – bringing the theory (listed below) to life! Case studies include examples of where human factors contributed to major accidents
About the Associate Trainer
This course is delivered by a Chartered Human Factors Practitioner with over 30 years’ Process Industry experience – mainly within upper tier COMAH sites. Qualifications include:
- Chartered Chemical Engineer. MIChemE
- Qualified HR Professional. Assoc CIPD
- Chartered Human Factors Practitioner. C.ErgHF
- Qualified Trainer. L3 Award Training & Education
You will learn about:
- Definition and basic principles of Human Factors, including mental processing, psychological contributions to human behaviour, human error and contractor competence
- Corrective actions and systems to manage human error.
- Delivering a Human Factors Benchmarking Audit and setting a five-year plan.
- Competent Authority regulations – Human Factors requirements.
- Preparing for Regulator Inspections and the HSE’s Top 10 Topics Associated with Human Factors under COMAH