EXCLUSIVE value-added Process Safety Management content
In addition to the NEBOSH HSE standard content listed below, this course includes the following value added Process Safety Management content ONLY available from Cogent Skills:
- Human Factors Management
- Process Hazards that are toxic to humans or the environment process safety needs to work in practice and safety culture framework factors to help minimize incidents
- Process Safety Culture
- Regulations relevant to Process Safety
- Risk Assessment Tools
Who should attend?
Managers, safety representatives, health and safety advisors and people from all around the world who work in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals. Additional attendance criteria This certificate is not designed for chemical and process safety engineers experienced in the specification, design, and maintenance of process plant. It is advised that learners should already have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety, and many will have previously attended another Cogent Skills PSM course or hold another NEBOSH qualification.
What is it?
This four-day NEBOSH HSE certificate has been designed to give process safety knowledge and understanding to professionals, allowing them to manage their process safety responsibilities. It equips you with a broad understanding of the accepted principles and recognised industrial practices for the management of process risk – to ensure recognition and contribution to the control of process safety hazards and includes:
- Establishment of Process Safety Management Systems
- Asset management and maintenance strategies
- Safe start-up and shut-down of process plant
- Performance standards for safety critical procedures and equipment
- Hazards and controls for:
- Chemical reactions
- Bulk storage of dangerous substances
- Fire and explosion
- Purpose and features of emergency plans
Divided into Four Key Elements:
- Process Safety Leadership
- Management of Process Risk
- Process Safety Hazard Control
- Fire and Explosion Protection
What will you learn?
On completing the course participants will have:
- Gained a sound breadth of knowledge that will allow you to contribute to the effective management of process safety risks
- Knowledge to apply the HSE PSM High Hazard risk based regulatory compliance via a recognised NEBOSH qualification
- Learned how to control risks in a proportionate and practical way
- Career development opportunities within the hazardous industries. This NEBOSH HSE qualification can help you stand out.
- PSM Value Add Benefit** Advanced PSM operational compliance insight – benchmarked to COMAH /SEVESO III requirements. To understand and apply to your process safety role and responsibilities
How is it delivered?
An INTERACTIVE class above e-learning! 3 Study modes:
- Virtual facilitated (online – public or private)
- Face to Face (in-house / private)
- Face to face (open/ public)
This qualification will help your business to:
- Develop a safer workplace – keeping people safe from injury and loss of life
- Protect valuable assets, avoid prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Be assured that you are operating to international standards – to help with your business growth
- PSM Value Add Benefit**: Exclusive value add of Process Safety Management Training, benchmarked to current COMAH / SEVESO III regulatory compliance requirements and ONLY available from Cogent Skills.
PSM Value Add Benefit ** ONLY available from Cogent Skills. This certificate includes PSM Programme industry training standards (recognised by the HSE), which is – benchmarked to current COMAH / SEVESO III regulatory compliance requirements and ONLY available from Cogent Skills. These standards have been developed by the UK Process Safety Management Competence Programme Board – which includes industry stakeholders and the UK Competent Authority.