Turn Blue Monday into BLOOMING MONDAY!
Blue Monday is the name given to a day in January claimed to be the most depressing day of the year. This year it falls on Monday 20th January.
While awareness around mental health issues is growing there is still a long way to go and this year we are encouraging all our staff to take part in turning Blue Monday into BLOOMING MONDAY, an initiative from Mental Health Research UK.
Here is how you can support BLOOMING MONDAY 2020:
- Raise awareness and get as many people as you can from your workplace to join in with BLOOMING MONDAY
- Wear your brightest clothes to support discussion around mental health (get approval first if necessary)
- Build some support by showing the group the flyer and/or putting up the posters – see below.
- Encourage discussion about what to wear
- If you wish to raise any money for Mental Health Research UK, have a bucket for contributions on the day – there is a label you can use in this Toolkit
- Have a fun day and talk about mental health and well-being. See facts about mental illness
- Maybe organise your own competition for your Brightest Bloomer
- On the day, organise group and individual photos and post them on the BLOOMING MONDAY Facebook page. By doing this you will spread the word to all your friends and enter everyone for the ‘Global Brightest Bloomer’ competition
- Send all your photos to [email protected] to be included in our next newsletter
- Ideally send any money collected by cheque (click here for more on this)
- Alternatively, add the money raised to the Just Giving campaign page: Blooming Monday 2020
- Whilst it is ideal if you do Blooming Monday on Blue Monday, 21st January, if this date doesn’t work for you just pick another date
We hope as many of you as possible join in with this great initiative, and remember that if you are struggling with mental health issues you’re not alone, speak up and find support.
Don’t forget if you’re a Cogent Skills employee you are entitled to access Health Assured, our employee assistance programme which offers a free 24 hour personal support service, To find out more about our Health Assured programme take a look at the Health Assured Website